Tuesday, April 02, 2013

New Postage

Today Royal mail have put their prices up and so my P&P options are changing - I have a lot of shops and online things to update but I am aiming to have them all done by the end of tomorrow!
I love Flat Rate Postage.  As a shopper I think it's great - you always know how much it will be and that there won't be any nasty surprises at checkout time!  As a seller it's hard to get right - too high and your small order customers will not be happy, too low and then I go bust!
So I have been on the phone with Royal Mail & Parcel Force a few times over the past few weeks, got my posting history figures in order - attacked the calculator and here they are:
my *new* Flat Rate Postage prices....

UK deliveries:
1st class :  £2.50
Recorded : £3.50
Next Day : £8.50
(order by 12noon for next day - non hand made items only)

Europe deliveries:
Airmail : £4.75
Courier : £19

Rest of the World :
Airmail : £6.75
Courier : £29

As always we are always striving to send orders out the day they are received - and now we have a secret weapon to help us do it - Becky

Today was Becky's first day here at paper-and-string and boy did she pick a busy day to start!!
Her main task is to do everything and more to help prepare and pick orders, so now there are three of us your orders will be processed even quicker!

6 comments:

craftymummy said...

Welcome Becky! I wonder who picked my order? I'm looking forward to it arriving :)

Wise Owl said...

Oh, 7 pounds raise for me?? :( :( :( That's too bad :(

Jessie May said...

Hope Becky's enjoying all the felt, ribbon and buttons so far :)

Anonymous said...

HI, I assume that your only on the internet, I live in Lancing and didn't know there was another craft shop in worthing!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julia said...

It is very tough on small businesses and for anyone in general to post through RM as their prices have gone up by such a high percentage. I personally don't like flat rate postage and find it a lot on websites. I often only need to buy a few small things at a time and if I don't need a large order it really does put me off, so much that I don't bother ordering anything and look for an alternative elsewhere. I know you need to cover your costs and it's a headache trying to work things out xx