Sunday, July 15, 2007

shopkeeping sunday

I hope everyone is having a good weekend?

I've spent today catching up on household chores and filling up the shops, I kinda forgot that three shops means three lots of updates!

On Thursday I signed into my online bank account to update a standing order only to discover some cheeky bu**er has spent all my money!! It's a few days ago now so I am calm and everything has been sorted out BUT can you believe the cheek of it!! The bank say it's been spent buying upgrades for an online game and apparently it's easy to do because the goods are virtual and don't need to be posted. So be warned, check your accounts and be careful who has your card number. Also be warned it takes 35 minutes to get through to the bank to cancel your card and report fraud! And it takes about 40 minutes to get through when you want to make a complaint about the time it takes to get through on the phone!! How is that customer service??? But the good news is that the bank will refund my money, it will take '7-10 working days' but I will get all my hard earned pennies back. Blinking good job too ;-)

But the best bit was when I logged on and saw my balance was zero my first thought was 'oops I did buy lots of fabric didn't I?' hahahahahahahah

I'm off to sew and will be back tomorrow xxx

7 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Thanks for the warning and
thank goodness everything will be refunded!

Anonymous said...

crikey!!!! what a nightmare. I don't think I'd even notice - better make sure I check my statements in future!
Katyejones

Me and Him said...

I'm glad you were able to get it sorted out fairly quickly and that the bank is going to refund your money.

Monkee Maker said...

I loved your first thought there, about buying too much material - "Oops" would be my reaction too! Anyway, I'm off to check my statements!

Anonymous said...

Oh I know how awful that feeling is! We had that happen to us once. Thankfully, my husband checks our account online regularly so we caught it pretty quick. But seriously, I had to laugh because really? We are the worst people to steal money from as we never have any!

Ragged Roses said...

Hi Sarah - that's scary!! Glad you're going to get it all refunded. Thank you so much for the fabric - it's gorgeous, It arrived this morning and I think I'm going to make some lavender bags out of it. so thank you and good luck with the bank!
Kim x

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, that's a little terrifying to have your credit card information stolen and used!

It's good when credit card companies catch it quickly and alert you. I haven't had any problems yet but I'm sure with the frequency I purchase stuff online it's only a matter of time before my information gets stolen as well!