Tuesday, April 05, 2011

beaten by DIY

my last Ikea item arrived...it's a work-trolley for the kitchen (for the dyeing equipment...there will be buttons again soon!)




John is working away this week so I thought I'd get cracking with the screwdriver. Normally I quite enjoy flat-pack making, it's a bit magical how a box of bits turns into 'a thing' after an hour or so....


it was going really well ... until I had to screw on the castors!

The. screws. will. not. go. in. gggrrrrr


so I have left the trolley upside down in the corner and did something that didn't involve screwdrivers!!


this pretty pile has started to be sewn together...I'll show you tomorrow when they are finished!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That must of been annoying as you got the rest finished.

Love your fabric, lots of lovely colours.

Unknown said...

I had the same problem with the same sort of thing from Ikea and found that in the end the best thing to do was take the caster off. screw the screw into the leg hole provided and then take out again and try re-screwing with the caster back on. After about half hour of quite bad language I did this and then it went on perfectly. Grrrr!! Darn the DIY furniture! Let me know if this works for you.
Sue x

Anonymous said...

Oooohhhhh... that floral fabric with that blue felt????? I must have it!