Monday, March 17, 2008

I'm Finally Finished!!

Hooray the cupcakes are all done !!
I sewed and sewed Friday and Saturday evenings and woke on Sunday with 200 ribbons still to sew on.
I prepared my area ::
armchair turned to face the TV, pouffe to rest my feet on, remote control and cupakes, ribbon, thread and scissors within easy reach!
I started at 10am, I had got half way through by the end of Columbo and I FINALLY finished about 6:30pm
I was exhausted !!
but just look at all the cupcake-y-ness ::
It's very hard to photograph 340 cupcakes in just 20 minutes (couldn't be late for work), I tried laying them out, all nice and neat ::
but I ran out of room and still had this many left to lay out ::
So I filled in all the spaces I could see with cupcakes ::
...it came out slightly blurry but I was stood on a slightly wobbly stool !!!
The lady who ordered them should be here any minute (she was due at 4pm but got stuck behind a nasty accident on the M3) and then I shall be cupcake-less :-)
I'm taking John out for dinner tonight to say thank-you for putting up with me and my cupcakes :-) But from tomorrow I shall be back to normal around here....see you later...

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done, that's an awful lot of cupcakes!! Bet that's a relief to get them finished, looking forward to seeing your next project!

Just Original said...

Oh my god! I bet you were sad to see them go, NOT! Well done on getting the order and completing it!

The picture looks brilliant of all of them on the floor, it looks like a postcard I have from paperchase!

Simone said...

Congratulations on having so much stamina. I bet your hands ache now!

monda-loves said...

what a mammoth task - well done you - i look forward to seeing them in the shop windows you mentioned (Marlow is not very far from me so I might pop over there and take a look).
I hope you gave out a big stack of moo cards for the shops to give away on your behalf - i'm sure they will have lots of enquiries...

Monda
x

Kitty said...

Well done - that was a huuuuuge task. I bet if you never see another cupcake it'll be too soon? x

the vicious chicken said...

Well done you for getting through such a ginormous cupcake order! Impressive sewing stamina :o)
VCxx

Anonymous said...

*WOW*!!!!

jojoebi-designs said...

well done, eating 680 cup cakes is one thing but sewing them...

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations on a job well done!!

Ally Jay said...

Good job no-one has to eat that many cupcakes! That would take almost as much doing as the photo Well done though.

Monkee Maker said...

Wow .... oh wow ....

Really really well done on completing such a mammouth task .... I hope you'll be able to take photos of one of the shop fronts to show us?

Brilliant pix here too .... Vanessa is right, they'd make fab cards (get onto moo immediately!)

:)

ps. ..... I'd like to place an order for cupcakes, if I may ....?

picciolo said...

well done sisterini!!! they look great but I bet you are glad to see the back of them. Hope we get to see one of the shop fronts soon!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ps when are we going to go fabric shopping????

Anonymous said...

It's like a cupcake robot army! Scary!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Kitsch n Zinc said...

Very well done on getting them all finished in time - I bet you've been seeing cupcakes in your sleep!

Planning on making anymore anytime soon? ;o)

Great pics

Kitschy x

Rubyred said...

Congratulations on completing your mammoth order,what a mission!I was just wondering how many times you pricked your finger,or is is just me who does that when faced with a large order!

dottycookie said...

Good Lord! So, will you be able to face ever making another one again?

Unknown said...

Oh my LORD !

A cupcake Army ...

They look fab !!!!
x