Thursday, April 10, 2014

our barn full of felt

It's exactly a month since we re-opened after the move and today the felt cutting area (John's domain) had a delivery of second hand racking installed (with a lot of hard work by John, seriously - if you ever move John is the person to help you - he's AMAZING, but that said, you can't have him, sorry)...
I love that the racking is orange & grey rather than that horrid electric blue that it sometimes comes in :-)
John made the cutting table himself (see, I told you.  He's amazing!) which means it is the perfect height for excess felt storage and optimum felt cutting too......the white Ikea Expedit Cube cupboards on the left are double sided - John cuts and fills from his side and I pick orders from the other side...so it's all very useful and rather beautiful too - I can't stop swinging my chair round and looking at it all!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your site. I am make crafts and have been selling at craft shows for a few years now. I would love to have a business as you do. thanks so much for the blog posts...it is fun to follow along!

Anonymous said...

John this and John that...i'm getting quite embarrassed!
This has been a tough move but Sarah keeps plodding on when all is in chaos around us.
We are a great team and this has been one of the better decisions we have made.
My hope is that we get to spend a bit more family time this year, they have been so supportive but because we work every day it's been difficult finding time to see them, this year we will MAKE time to see them all.
So proud to be part of paper-and-string and so proud to be part of Sarahs life.
John.

Cardgenie said...

I'm so pleased that your first month has gone so well. Your barn cum warehouse looks fantastic. So organised and colourful. I bet it's a pleasure to go to work! Jean.x

Hannah said...

Your barn looks absolutely fantastic! Your customer service is always excellent, I absolutely love your felt and will continue to order from you in the future.
Thank you so much!

Unknown said...

Love it, love it, love it......your face must hurt from all the grinning :D Lucy x