Thursday, November 25, 2010

in colour

After dyeing I laid out all the buttons so they could dry...I think John got a bit tired of hearing me say 'mind my buttons!' every time he went within 1 foot of them!! (and seeing as though they are all over the living room floor he couldn't really get away from them!!)

I first dyed some buttons about a month or so ago, do you remember the post about teeny tiny buttons?
well, they came out so well (even if I do say so myself) that I did more research and have bought lots of different shapes (as well as more teeny-tinys)

I mixed all the shapes together to dye them and it's a weeny bit time consuming separating them, but when they are done I shall show you them in all their glory!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous!

Bagladee said...

Oh Sarah I've never seen anything sooooooooo beautiful :D I think before long I'm going to have to join a 'special' group and stand up and say, 'Hello, my name is Emma and I am a paper-and-string-a-holic!! ;) thanks for the parcel I'm sewing as I type (well you know what I mean) x x

sassypackrat said...

I had no idea you could dye buttons. I'm always looking for certain colors that I can't find so now I'll try dying them myself.

Jessica said...

Wow - these are so lovely, and so many of them... it's like a sweet shop for buttons lovers...

Pene said...

Do you just use fabric dye? I am fascinated by this tell us more..please
Pene

Anonymous said...

Lovely! I'd love to help you sort them... one for paper-and-string, one for me, one for paper-and-string, one for me... lol :D

Manu said...

wow wow wow!!!

Twiggy said...

Buttontastic !!
Twiggy x

Lorraine Johnson said...

They look wonderful... I too am intrigued to know how you dye them... do tell.. Losh

The Messy Crafter said...

Would you be up for a swap of a mixture of your buttons? I can get you something you'd like here in the USA :).

please let me know either way! They really are pretty!

shedaisy @ hotmail.com