Sunday, April 29, 2007

Felt Picture

I LOVED sewing this! It's one of the first sewing projects I have ever done that actually looks like it did when I first thought of it. Normally sewing things makes the design change and evolve with every stitch. This though was designed on paper and tweaked and thought about until it was perfect and then I started cutting out and sewing!
I left my thumb in this picture on purpose so you would see the scale of it (the picture, not my thumb!) I used wool felt (no change there then!) and a couple of fav. fabrics from the stash. It's nice to combine felt and fabric, very satisfying to add a splash of pattern here and there.
Here is a close up of the little worm, trying to climb a tree :-) I love the way the bark effect works, and how the actual stitches add to the texture too.

Birdie's house, under a branch of pretty leavesand finally... Mr. Squirrel, with HIS favourite stash, Acorns!! Look behind you Mr. Squirrel, you missed one !!

All I need to do now is work out how to frame it, I think a trip to my local framers tomorrow will solve that one!!

As you can see I'm beavering away quietly whenever I can snatch a few minutes of spare time, next on the list is FREEBIE DAY (it's Thursday 3rd May by the way)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so beautiful. Thanks for showing the detail pics - the texture on the trees does look great! Fabric with felt is the best!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Sarah- it's gorgeous! Your attention to detail is fantastic. I love Mr. Worm! Looking forward to seeing it framed...

Anonymous said...

I like the little worm best. I like the roundness of his head!

Anonymous said...

hi sisterini, it's great! must have taken you a long time!

Blooming Felt said...

WOW - that is absolutely FAB !!! Well done you - you're so clever. Why can't I ever think of things like that??? :-)

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

I so love working with felt, the picture is especially cute.
Suzie Sews
PS Thanks for the comment, I appreciate it, it did make me chuckle, correction now made;-)