Tuesday, July 31, 2012

why did I start this?

 In the early days of running paper-and-string all my felt off cuts* were ironed and stored in my personal stash and used for making things, even the most teeny tiny pieces were turned into something else...but now there aren't enough sewing hours in a whole year to use up all my off cuts!
Instead I now have a cardboard box to pop them in, and every time a new off-cut is delicately placed on top (so the whole pile doesn't fall over) I think 'I really must sort that out' and today was the day to sort it out!  I have measured and cut and sorted and now have nice neat piles of off cuts...and plans for what some of them will be turned into!
*off cuts = end of rolls, non-square pre-cut squares, wonky cutting by moi, dirty bits and pieces with holes in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you! do wonky cutting??! never! Everything of yours is perfect :)
Juliexoxo
Have you still got your seagull?

wendyroomcreations said...

Like you I saved Every Single Scrap of fabric until my 2 large boxes were overflowing and it got really silly. Now I sort into colours, weigh them and bag them up as scrap bags for sale. Like jars of buttons there can be just as much fun sorting through lots of bits of fabric. Share the pleasure is my motto. Philippa x