Saturday, September 30, 2006

a day off the day job = more work !!

I did make a bag on my day off and it looks like this.......




It is made from a lovely grey flecky wool / tweed fabric which is soft and cuddly....I lined it with a beige cotton and the inside pockets are topped off with denyse schmidt fabric. yum.
This is the cheque book cover i made, from the same beige cotton and the patterned piece is from the stash..


It flaps open and inside are two pockets for my cheque book and paying in book and bills (YUCK) etc etc. I used it at the bank on thursday and it was nice to use. it made going to the bank nice because i got to look at the new thing i had made!!!!

This is from the lady who bought the monkey (remember, best customer ever!!) It was my day off and the postman came with an electric bill (which is now in the cheque book cover ;-))) and another envelope. This is what I found when I opened it



I mean, how lucky am I?? It's just gorgeous and I love it. I really do just keep picking it up and looking at it......maybe a denim purse with it as a trim.....or a box.....or i may just keep it and keep looking at it for a while :-) anyone else do that or is it just me??

2 comments:

caroline said...

Firstly, thank you so much for dropping by my blog - I tried to find an email address for you but failed. I hope you weren't offended by me saying Worthing wasn't so picturesque. I really wanted to go to Chloe's whilst I was there but it was closed by the time we left the beach. BTW the quilting shop is in Dorking and is called the Quilt Room.

I have just been browsing your blog and am so in love with all your fabric. And your little felt creatures are so gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

i'm with you on this trim!! just gorgeous!!